These astounding pictures of India will demonstrate to you how India was before Independence, far before you were even conceived. The great ol’ days, truly.
1. This picture of Tagore and Einstein brings masters from completely different together.
2. A man moves up an electric shaft to see the last customs of Gandhiji’s memorial service.
3. Indira Gandhi with Benazir Bhutto and Zulfikar Ali Bhutto (her dad).
4. Rajiv Gandhi marries Sonia Gandhi.
5. Tagore is welcomed by Helen Keller.
6. The last surviving picture of Bhagat Singh while he was imprisoned.
7. The Beatles amid their time at Maharishi Mahesh Yogi’s ashram at Rishikesh in India
8. Lokmanya Tilak was incinerated in the sitting legs crossed position (padmasana), a refinement offered just to holy people.
9. The Times of India working at Elphinstone Circle in 1898.
10. The uniform of the Indian Army officers in 1850.
11. A zest sustenance slow down in Lahore, at that point still a piece of India, in 1946.
12. Kapil Dev and Sunil Gavaskar with the trophy subsequent to winning the 1983 Cricket World Cup. Ponder what Gavaskar is checking for inside the container!
13. Indian ambulances arranged in Chennai during the 1940s
14. An Air India airhostess supporting a traveler on a Delhi-Bombay trip in 1946.
15. The first Indian lady pilot, Sarla Thakral, at 21 years of age.
16. Nehru and Indira Gandhi on the Moscow Subway in 1955.