Man Driving Two-Wheeler Dies After Glass-Coated Kite String Slits His Throat

A civil engineer died after his throat was slit by glass-coated manjha or kite string in Delhi’s Paschim Vihar area while he was going to a relative’s place, on Friday.

After celebrating Raksha Bandhan on Thursday, Manav Sharma, 28, and his two younger sisters were en route to Hari Nagar on his scooter to meet their aunt.

When he was travelling on the Paschim Vihar flyover, a Chinese manjha from a kite got entangled around Manav Sharma’s neck and slit his throat. The cut was so deep that his windpipe was slashed and he fell before he could halt the scooter.

Manav Sharma was taken to a hospital where he was declared brought dead. His two sisters escaped unhurt. The man is a resident of Budh Vihar and worked as a civil engineer with a private builder.

A case has been registered under sections of the Indian Penal Code.

According to a Supreme Court directive, there is a nationwide ban on the procurement, sale and use of glass powder-coated ‘manjha’ and other dangerous kite strings.

source

Talescart

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

10 Facts About Poonam Pandey That Prove She Is Controversy Queen

Mon Aug 19 , 2019
A civil engineer died after his throat was slit by glass-coated manjha or kite string in Delhi’s Paschim Vihar area while he was going to a relative’s place, on Friday. After celebrating Raksha Bandhan on Thursday, Manav Sharma, 28, and his two younger sisters were en route to Hari Nagar […]